Improve Your Health: Volunteer
Volunteering not only helps others, it can be good for your health, too. Research shows that “volunteer therapy” can improve your mood, strengthen your body, and lessen stress. And this works even for people who are themselves coping with a serious illness. If you would like to volunteer here, please read the information below and complete the form. To find out how volunteering has an effect on those who volunteer Read more.
Volunteer Caregiver Position
Summary: Serve as a member of the volunteer staff providing 24-hour care to terminally ill guests.
- Commitment to working as a group to provide loving comfort care to guest.
- Completion of initial orientation and participation in ongoing caregiver training.
- Participation in quarterly staff meetings.
- Able to embrace the mission, care, and service of our guests.
- Six months commitment
- Weekly or every other week scheduled work time (12-24 hours per month).
- Commitment to scheduled hours
- Provide companionship, presence, and listening to guest.
- Assist with walking, moving, etc.
- Personal hygiene care.
- Give/oversee taking of medications.
- Meal preparation and household upkeep.
- Answer telephone, take messages when necessary, and answer door.
- Assist with other tasks similar to what a family caregiver would provide.
- Assist with other household and administrative tasks when not occupied with caregiving.